Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Snowmen & Valentines


 As I write this, the temperature is on its way up to the high 50s...supposedly.  Hopefully this will be the last of the snowmen pictures.  I actually enjoy the snow, I would just rather it be 70 outside instead of 30.  
 This particular snow day was rather warm for playing outside.  Dave is already counting down the days until we get an extra hour of daylight...19, I think?!
 Taylor has yet to try sledding, just not going to happen.
Chase has tried it and is not always successful.
This is actually the day before the warm snow day above.  It was cold but it was also perfect snoman-snow.  I MADE the kids get dressed and go outside with me.  So mean, but I would have looked ridiculous out there by myself.
 If you can believe it, they actually had fun!
 Even Taylor - shocking, I know.
 The snow was so good for rolling up though that we got a little carried away and I about strained my brain trying to pick up the balls to make the snowman.
 It was clearly exhausting. 
 Snowman success...for the moment.
By the time we got inside, this was the scene out the window.  Taylor's snowgirl had clearly had enough of Chase's snowboy and knocked him down!
 This is snowgirl this morning.  Still standing but looking a little worse for the wear!  
 Valentine's Day was fun too.  I did my own shopping.  A bag of cheap chocolate always does the trick.
 We put a little effort in to making breakfast but then we got the call for Krispy Kreme and just took a picture and ran!  Never turn down hot donuts!

 Valentine's afternoon led to a little more excitement.  Taylor wanted hear earrings to match her outfit.  No problem until....
 You realize they are more attached to her hair instead of her ears.  She came to me for help but apparently AFTER she had tried to cut it out herself.  She was successful because this clump of hair fell in my lap!
 You really don't notice it unless you try to but it was a lesson well learned! 
Later that night, Taylor got to go on a Valentine's date with her daddy.  
(I know, right, what has happened here?!?!)
No worries, I found my own handsome date and we had quite the night.  We both love some bbq and mac & cheese and then finished it off with Target, Bass Pro Shop and dessert!
Chase also got to celebrate at school yesterday and brought home a bag of goodies.  I'm off to Taylor's school shortly for her party!  And if all goes well, we'll be playing OUTSIDE this afternoon!!!

No comments: